Re: [LUG] Well that's the end of that ...

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Terry Hill wrote:

On 10 February 2010 14:48, Gordon Henderson
<gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx<gordon%2Bdcglug@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8508317.stm

I remain un-convinced that this will benefit the rest of Devon at all -
Devon County Council relocating to Newton Abbot (? where else?) while the
fat-cats in Exeter get it all??? Oh dear...

I guess it'll cost a stack of cash to make the move.  I wonder who gets to
foot the bill?

Us, the tax payer.

It's utterly bonkers - The boundary commission stated that Devon could not support itself without Exeter. This was mentioned again in Parliament yesterday when they got the go-ahead! So the government knows in-advance that it's not affordable, but is prepared to sign on the dotted line. Let me see... Governmet; Labour. Exeter MP; Labour. Visit to Exeter recently by.. Gordon Brown... Election: May. This smells really really bad.

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/news/HOME-RULE-EXETER-DISASTER-DEVON/article-1823262-detail/article.html

That article reckons we'll *all* have to pay an extra £200 a year to sustain it.

Oh well. Enough politics. Back to the geekery!!!

Gordon