[LUG] Multiple Monitors...

Seeing posts about multiple monitors recently and I'm thinking of treating myself to a nice shine new one, and running the old one as a 2nd display... However my mobo might not be up to it - I would have to use a (gasp!) PCI graphics card for the exising monitor - 1280x1024 while the on-board copes with the new one (er, 1920x1080 which I think the mobo will cope with... Intel chipsset)

Aria:

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Displays/Monitors/TFT+20+-+23/Arianet+23%22+Full+HD+Widescreen+LCD+Monitor+-+Black+?productId=37241

My current monitor is the 19" version by the same maker and it's been (still is!) really good for the past few years now, and cost about the same price as that did too.

(didn't come with the nice photo though )-;

Mobo just has a single 32-bit PCI slot. I have an nvidia riva-128 PCI card which I used in my last system without any real issues.

I suspect I'm simply barking up the wrong tree trying to mix 2 different graphics systems (on-board + PCI) but it's not something I've ever looked into..

I suspect my 1.6GHz Atoms may struggle though!

Cheers,

Gordon