Re: [LUG] MicroMart-Linux Coverage

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:57 PM, John Hansen <whitover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A number of readers of MicroMart have written complaining about the extent
> of
> coverage of Linux in the magazine. I am surprised that so many favour
> MicroSoft OSs.
> I have therefore today written as follows to: letters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :
>
> "I am surprised to read that some readers oppose coverage of Linux in favour
> of MicroSoft products.
> They must be prepared to pay a lot of money for MS Operating Systems and
> associated programmes.
> I much prefer to migrate to Linux with Open Source programmes which cost
> little or nothing.
> I am still learning about Linux and enjoy the articles in Micro Mart on this
> subject. I would stop
> subscribing if it became a MicroSoft only magazine. Go on try Linux and see
> what you can do for
> virtually no cost ;-)"
>
> Perhaps there are others on this list who would care to give their views to
> be published in MicroMart.
>
> John W

I used to get MicroMart pretty regularly and I was pleased to see
Linux becoming something that they talked about.  Indeed I even
submitted a few Linux related 'articles' for them (one got printed,
but seemed to be handled by the letters dept. rather than the articles
dept.... oh well).  Recently I have, however, not taken MicroMart very
often and I have been summarily disappointed with their Linux coverage
lately - it seems to be the same type of articles over and over again.

Grant.