Re: [LUG] sudo (was: lshw -html UPDATED)

On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 08:49 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> If you really can't modify the file, then stop mucking about with sudo and
> do a real su;
>
>    su -
>
> then you're really root and anything sudo might do won't get in the way.
> If you don't have su, then sudo /bin/bash will work.

My preferred incantation under Ubuntu is

sudo su -

To get a proper root environment. Anyone have other, better
incantations?

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.