Re: [LUG] RAM details

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 09:09 +0000, Neil Stone wrote:

> Neil Winchurst wrote:
> > Is there any way to find out the amount of RAM on my computer and
> > possibly the type of RAM chip? I mean without opening up the box and
> > looking.

The other day I came across lshw for the first time. I'm not sure how
long it's been around on my Ubuntu machine, but it told me everything I
needed to know about the hardware in my machine. I was fairly impressed.

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.