Re: [LUG] Open source? What's that?

Quoting Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Fri,  5 Feb 2010 10:53:42 +0000
Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Rob,

Possibly, I remember reading about the 'RAM pack' wobble where a
slight wobble would crash the machine.

I soldered my RAM pack onto the connector.  No more wobble.   :-)

Smart thinking, that would have done the job.

I wasn't allowed near a soldering iron at the time, I was about 5 or 6 at the time which partially explained it.

I wonder if it was true what was suggested on the MicroMen documentary about putting some Bluetack on the RAM pack solved the wobble which Sir Clive suggested (according to the documentary at least).

Rob