Re: [LUG] OT: Google Book Agreement

On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 08:56 +0000, tom wrote:
> I've been thinking about this Google Book Agreement and am starting to
> get very scared about it.

I'm not.

> Over the years I have 'published' things, with copyright at the bottom,

Likewise.

If they are making us money now, we will take action if needed, and
yet ...

Mostly we have trouble getting known - people who would like to read
what we have written have probably not heard of us, and even if they
look they won't easily find us.

Unless we are the Rolling Stones, or Archer the disgraced lord.

If they are not making us money now, either we lose nothing, or we get
asked to write something else, for money, or we get known more widely.

If we are the Rolling Stones or that Tory ex-politician then we can take
care of ourselves.

The question of at what size is someone going to lose a substantial
amount without being substantial enough themselves to obtain a remedy is
worth asking, but I think it may not exist - the two factors won't
overlap much.