[LUG] More WoW stuff was - Open source? What's that?

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 19:54 +0000, Terry Hill wrote:
> On 3 February 2010 19:28, John Williams <subbass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 18:36 +0000, Terry Hill wrote:
> >
> >> Get blizzard to release a linux version of wow,
> >
> > Annoyingly Blizzard did have a linux client in early beta, but they gave
> > up on it.
> > Spent rather too much of the last few years playing said game under
> > Cedega rather successfully until latest version of Ubuntu, which has a
> > showstopper of a bug with WoW and Cedega, currently waiting  to hear if
> > I can get on the beta test team to help fix it.
>

> The very best of luck with that - from a purely selfish point of view
> (as I've mentioned a few times in other posts) it's the only thing
> stopping me from binning windows altogether as the wife is thoroughly
> addicted.

There is really no need to keep windows around for it, Wine, Cedega and
as discussed in other thread, Play On linux work very well with oW,  as
I believe does CrossOver Games also.

The issue I currently have is strictly limited to karmic+cedega having a
hissy fit together. It has otherwise been almost flawless playing for a
few years. A little bit of a pain though, being the guildleader.

"Addicted" wife here also, she has more 80's than I, though I have more
gold *yay!*
329 days /played on all chars total, and 41k gold. I really should spank
the "friend" who talked me into getting on the beta for WoW.... I'm not
a game player at all :[

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides