Re: [LUG] Open source? What's that?

"Spreading the gospel" is an aspect to opensource I find quite irritating.

Opensource for me is all about the open development of software. Good
software should be testament of this open process. And good software
should be able to compete with Windows or whatever.

Who cares what the machine runs? It's what is cheap and what is better
(gets the job done) that matters most. If you think people aren't
presented with that competing option, package up some opensource
software and start selling it like a product, not a religion.