Re: [LUG] Ubuntu article on the "Official Windows Magazine" site

On 31 January 2010 16:08, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've been searching for details of how many applications there are in the
> Ubuntu repositories for Ubuntu 9.10 and came across this...
>
> http://www.officialwindowsmagazine.com/05582469247815633134/must-have-software-applications-for-ubuntu-9-10-karmic-koala.html
>
> It's a guide for 'must have' software applications for Ubuntu 9.10.  The
> amusing bit of it.... it's on the Official Windows Magazine web site.
>
> Maybe Microsoft are thinking... if you can't beatem... join em!

I've just installed 9.10 on a lappy, so for kicks I took a look at
some of the bits they talk about.

Screenlets isn't bad but I ditched in favour of conky, which I'm
fiddling with at the mo.

Don't think I'll bother with the compiz eye candy either.  Is there
anything this list is missing that really are must-haves?