Re: [LUG] Old PC for toddlers playgroup - Exmouth

Paul Sutton wrote:

I don't think we should be promoting piracy on the list, even if it's
only technical piracy (I know it's silly that you can't transfer the
license, but that is Microsoft, if you don't agree to the EULA then
don't use it, same as if you don't agree to the GPL, don't use it).

I agree, If we were to explain the situation and then explain how they
need to fork out lots of money on a legal copy of windows, when there is
a free solution in free software,  the fact MS's own rules prevent us
just grabbing any cd and instlling can work in our favour and against
Microsoft.

Lets give them the facts and let them choose.
Yep, in fact isn't it Microsoft who say 'Get The Facts?'. :-)

At the end of the day, if they really do end up wanting Windows then fair enough, we can provide some some Free educational stuff, in fact we could even provide copies for the kids parents to take away and use in the form of the OpenDisc.

Rob