Re: [LUG] Mint XFCE4 wireless connection

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have found the SSID of my router, in my case the ESSID. The encryption
>  is not set up, so no type or password. I have tried putting this in the
> wireless set up in XFCE but to no avail. No wireless connections found.

OK - "no wireless connections found" is the clue here.  It may well be
that your wireless adapter is not 'fully' supported.  I have had a
number of devices that, although it *seems* to be supported, actually
needs a 'firmware' file in order to work.

Do you know what wireless adapter you have?

Grant.