Re: [LUG] SPAM ...

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Simon Waters wrote:
> I used to use SPF to say email from one of our domains wouldn't
> originate on servers listed in the Spamhaus ZEN block list, but this was
> too complex for some SPF clients which then rejected our email because
> they didn't understand the rule.

Heh. Cool idea though. I didn't even know that was possible with SPF!
A clever way to effectively make recipients use Spamhaus ZEN. Although
I suppose if everyone would do that and if recipients would understand
the rule, many bigger organizations/ISPs would go over their
Spamhaus-threshold. :)

> Tis a pity I figured it would deal with >90% of the spoofing for that
> domain name, and any legitimate senders would have to get their IPs of
> the ZEN list before they could reasonably use it.

But if one of your addresses (accidentally) ended up on Spamhaus ZEN,
you would be telling recipients that these emails aren't yours. Which
I suppose would be worse than just having the emails refused because
the IP is Spamhaus ZEN-listed.

Martijn.