Re: [LUG] Can't access certain ares of Orange web site

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 16:00:16 +0000
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

> Post the problem URLs rather than have us guessing.
> Since the pages mentioned so far appear to use http, some sort of SSL

The link given, yes.  But then I asked ppl to select....

Still, you're right the specific links weren't given:

https://services.orange.co.uk/launchpad/launch?ServiceId=sss  _doesn't_
work.

https://membercentre.orange.co.uk/MCPres/login.do works.

https://services.orange.co.uk/launchpad/launch?ServiceId=sss _doesn't_
work.

> problem would seem extremely unlikely. So you are doing something
> different, perhaps you've bookmarked as HTTPS url for the site, or some
> such.

Makes no difference whether I go from the Orange home page or direct,
using bookmarks.  I get the following in Iceweasel (FF, re-branded for
Debian)

::::::::
The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
:::::::::

In Konq I get

:::::::::
Connection to Server Refused
Details of the Request:
Protocol: http Date and Time: Monday 25 Jan 2010 11:15
Additional Information: services.orange.co.uk: SSL negotiation failed
:::::::::

Which is slightly more helpful in that it says SSL negotiation failed.

IIRC, this started occurring after an openssl upgrade in December.
However, a more recent upgrade (16 Jan) hasn't rectified the issue.
Further, I don't understand the bug reports against the package at
Debian (language far too technical for me) to know whether this is a
known issue or not.

--
 Regards  _

Life's short, don't make a mess of it