Re: [LUG] top post or bottom

Gordon Henderson wrote:

You forgot some of the holiest of wars from the school playgrounds in the 80's and 90's...

C64 vs Spectrum vs Amstrad CPC vs Beeb vs Everything else

Nah, it was Apple ][ for hackability, Beeb for everything else.

And you got all the source to the Apple ][. (At least I did).

Come to think about it, I have the source code to the Beeb too - via an "Illegal" book which was published and withdrawn, but I managed to persuade a shop to sell me a copy...

Gordon

I was actually referring to the school playground though, where in my school everyone seemed to have Speccys. I gather though from what I've read since that the Beeb was a pretty cool bit of kit.

Rob