Re: [LUG] top post or bottom

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Rob Beard wrote:

Quoting Matthew Macdonald-Wallace <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Quoting Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Top Vs. Bottom-posting
KDE V.s Gnome
Vim/Vi Vs. EMACS
Gnu/Linux Vs. Gnu/Herd

The arguments will continue long after we have all passed on.

You forgot some of the holiest of wars from the school playgrounds in the 80's and 90's...

C64 vs Spectrum vs Amstrad CPC vs Beeb vs Everything else

Nah, it was Apple ][ for hackability, Beeb for everything else.

And you got all the source to the Apple ][. (At least I did).

Come to think about it, I have the source code to the Beeb too - via an "Illegal" book which was published and withdrawn, but I managed to persuade a shop to sell me a copy...

Gordon