Re: [LUG] top post or bottom

Paul Hirst wrote:

<snip>

I think you can generally be quite brutal with what you cut out. People
generally only read the previous email moments ago anyway so it's still
fresh in the mind. If it's not then it's still in their mailbox for the
rare occasions where over zealous snipping looses the context.
I propose from now on, we snip out everything, or even better just send blank e-mails and we can each guess what we were going to say :-)
To keep this Linux related here is my "tip of the day" (tm).

If Ubuntu Karmic drops you to the initramfs prompt on startup it might
be because the root disk device is taking too long to initialize. You
can make the system wait longer by adding rootdelay=60 (or some other
number in seconds) to the end of the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line
in /etc/default/grub and then run update-grub.

This "tip of the day" come to you as a result of the last half hour in
the datacenter downstairs :-)
Oh dear, that's a change of topic, that required a new thread. (Still handy to know I guess).

Rob