Re: [LUG] Spreading the Linux gospel

Quoting Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx>:

I should have been clearer. I have found that, to people who are
considering trying Linux, the sheer number of choices is scary. That is
why I said it was a weakness. There may be more Windows choices than I
said, but surely not over 100?

Neil

But I dare say anyone trying Linux would have probably heard of the popular distros such as Ubuntu, Debian, PCLinuxOS, Mandriva either from someone already using Linux, or picked up a copy on a computer magazine (Linux Format, Computer Shopper, PC Pro etc). I find the magazines at least when they have distros on the cover DVDs that they have a guide on the basics.

Rob