Re: [LUG] Custom web application development

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010, Rob Beard wrote:

Actually google docs isn't too bad and ca nexport to PDF - but limited to the fonts the browser has.

I thought I'd ask anyway, I'm trying to talk them out of going down the MS path anyway, it seems that if you sign up for a complete Microsoft package (Windows Server, Exchange, Office, Windows 7) then you can get a better price but they'd end up spending more on software they don't need.

This is where it cal appear to be cheaper to go the MS route than Linux - according to some - you buy the entry level package and get everything bundled in, although I've forgotten what it's called - maybe it's the basic SBS package which comes with 5 licneses of everything? Not sure...

Are there any DTP packages for Linux?

Gordon