Re: [LUG] OT: marketing calls Pt 69!

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 06:58:24PM +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010, Henry Bremridge wrote:
>
> You'll find out when your account is blockd... Get an online
> statement now, if you can.

Card blocked. Statement already checked.

<snip>

> And another tip - just google the phone numbe - with and without
> spaces in various formats. That one comes up blank though.

Apologies typo, the correct number was 0800 030 4909

Lots of warnings on google: including some saying the number is legit

Finally have sent email of complaint to HSBC asking them to either
confirm that the 0800 number is correct or asking them to make an
official complaint to Oftel

I suppose my biggest bugbear is that the phishers are following normal
bank / insurance company routine
- They ring up
- They ask for details of who you are
- Then they spiel
- Or they send an email to their own website and ask you to log on to
  read it

All irritating

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.