Re: [LUG] sub list for meetings

Quoting Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx>:

Rob Beard wrote:
Neil Stone wrote:

Paul Sutton wrote:

Just wondered if it would be worth having a mailing list set up
especially for discussion of meetings, that way if people are interested
in a specific meeting they can join / unjoin at will.

May make it easier to arrange things, mails can be cross posted (duck),
 but in theory we would stay on topic.

not only that but we can invite people to join that list, to discuss
meetings, which would suit anyone not interested in the main discussion
list threads.

just an idea.

Paul

2nd'ed

3rd'ed :-)

Any one else got an idea for this. I may see if I can add a survey thing
to get more opinions.

Paul

Um... dunno, who is responsible for the current list?

Gordon setup the DC-Hardware list so we could discuss specific electronics/hardware type things (albeit most of it goes way over my head) :-)

Other than that, um... we could look at some sort of mailing list hosting (such as free list hosting, maybe Yahoo or Google?).

I think it's a good idea anyway, especially if we're going to be discussing in-depth things about meetings/events (I guess in a way, event planning discussions) but I guess it's a case of, is there enough people to make it worthwhile, or could a few of us just email each other cc'ing in others who are interested in the planning of events/meetings?

Once we get a few ideas together I'll nag the wife, she's training as an event planner so she can put some of her newly learnt knowledge to some use. :-)

Rob