Re: [LUG] sub list for meetings

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, Rob Beard wrote:

Quoting Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx>:

Rob Beard wrote:
Neil Stone wrote:

Paul Sutton wrote:

Just wondered if it would be worth having a mailing list set up
especially for discussion of meetings, that way if people are interested
in a specific meeting they can join / unjoin at will.

May make it easier to arrange things, mails can be cross posted (duck),
but in theory we would stay on topic.

not only that but we can invite people to join that list, to discuss
meetings, which would suit anyone not interested in the main discussion
list threads.

just an idea.

Paul

2nd'ed

3rd'ed :-)

Any one else got an idea for this. I may see if I can add a survey thing
to get more opinions.

Um... dunno, who is responsible for the current list?

Gordon setup the DC-Hardware list so we could discuss specific electronics/hardware type things (albeit most of it goes way over my head) :-)

While I do run many mailing lists for many subjects, friends and commercial interests, I have to say, I'm not actually in favour of another list just to announce meetings on, or the contents and purposes thereof.

Come on - we're all geeks or proto-geeks, we know how to sort email by thread and subject, and how to start new threads - we can deal with a few additional emails in the main list - and who knows, we might just encourage more people to the meetings if they see us talking about them...

Gordon