Re: [LUG] Levono Smartbook

2010/1/18 Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Quoting Rhia Knowles <rhiadratech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Ahh, i was looking for something a bit newer then the T2x.
>>
>> I'm trying to replace a one of the 8375 clones that's hinges have
>> completely
>> gone, so something at least 1.4GHz processor, nice large screenres, maybe
>> not SVGA+ but at least larger then not XGA, 256/512 MB Ram, and either
>> easily exchangable HDD or one thats a decent size so i could partition
>> into
>> /, /home, and Windows for college apps. say 60GB.
>>
>> Budget of around £130.
>>

> Have a look at www.tier1online.com
>
> They are a company who deal with ex-corporate, end of line and refurbished
> equipment.  They also have an eBay store (do a search for Tier1Online).
>
> I bought the kids PS3 from them just before Christmas and got free next day
> delivery.  Their communication wasn't brilliant (I put it down to it being
> Christmas) but I did get the PS3 next day (ordered about 4pm, received about
> 3pm next day).
>
> Doing a brief search, their cheapest ThinkPad seems to be around £170 so
> slightly over your budget but they do have other notebooks around the £130
> mark, albeit current stock are things like Dell Latitude D600/D610 spec (I
> can recommend the Dell Latitude D610 by the way, I had one, had a lovely
> high res screen and Pentium M 1.8GHz CPU).
>
> If you follow this link, it should take you to their site and search for IBM
> machines:
>
> http://www.tier1online.com/Category/1/_pb/skip/0/page/40/sort/Price,Asc/filter/Manufacturer,IBM
>
> Rob

+1 for tier1online. I bought a ThinkPad t41 from them a couple of
years ago, with a 3 month guarantee. Just before the 3 months was up,
it wouldn't charge any more, so I rang them up. Got straight through
to someone real who said "Might be the charger, we'll send you a
replacement, if that doesn't work, call us back". New charger arrived
with 2 days, at no cost, and laptop started charging again.

HTH

Sam