Re: [LUG] Chrome browser

It's a question of what's most useful to a possible user starting chrome, being sent to some search engine/other choice of web pages, having a display of their most frequently visited sites along with bookmarks, starting where they left off or being shown a blank display with no obvious prompts as to what to do? Options one,two and three are the most correct apparently as that's what you'll get as default with chrome, FF and maybe Opera too although I dont have a copy to hand. Someone just had the guts to remove the least helpful option.

On a seperate note if you're opening bookmarks and want to instantly view them, surely the best way is to just open them in your current tab as opposed to opening one tab per page you want to view leaving a trail of memory munching destruction in your wake?
On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Set the home page to
>
>   about:blank
>
> Like I do in other browsers.
>
> Gordon

Thanks, did not know about that trick. I left my home page alone as I
still want to go there sometimes. Instead I used the 'On startup open
the following page' option. That works, thanks again.

However, that still leaves me with the other niggle. In FF and Opera I
have the *option* to start with a blank page instead of having to wangle
it as above. In both browsers if I have opened a web page as the only
one and then close the tab I go back to a blank page and the browser
stays open, which is what I want.

In Chrome if I have only one web page open and close the tab the whole
browser exits and I am back at the desktop. Not what I want. I shall
have to get used to always opening any web site as a new tab, leaving
the blank tab in place.

Neil