Re: [LUG] OT: For sale - Drobo

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010, rich@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Guys

I want to buy an Apple Time Capsule 1gb but in order to do so I have to raise some funds. I was going to put this on ebay but I thought I would ask here first:
<http://www.drobo.com/products/drobo.php>

You can buy them new for around £300 but this is without drives. I currently have 3 drives in mine but I cannot remember the capacity which is annoying! I think it is 2 x 500gb and 1 x 1tb which gives 1.5tb of space depending on how you configure the drive. A second hand one on ebay without drives is fetching £210 at the moment.

Offers over £200 will be accepted - although the 1tb time capsule is £234 so that sort of figure would be great.

Why don't you just put a couple of 1TB drives in it and use it as the time capsule drive?

They're amazingly re-configurable - just put in a bigger drive, then when the other drive leds go green, remove the smallest one... lather, rinse, repeat...

Gordon