Re: [LUG] School outsourcing

Rob Beard wrote:
Hi folks,

This popped up in my inbox earlier, I think it was originally sent to School Forge, I haven't had time to read it yet, but it sounds like it's suggested that schools outsource some of their IT due to budget cuts.

Rob

Having worked in education IT support for 15 years I can't see any way this could save money: Myself and 3 technicians are kept busy maintaining the college's IT. If this were outsourced the man hours required would still be the same (probably more). Add to this the overheads (suits, admin, sales etc.) and profits of the company contracted......

One of the schools where I used to work went PFI (after I left) and found they were paying over £10 a time to get a light bulb changed!