Re: [LUG] Question..

Grant Sewell wrote:
Token Ring and FDDI are still useful ways of explaining the different
ways in which communication can be achieved - although Ethernet is the
most common, it is not the only thing around.
All are still discussed - at least they were on my degree. Even though I didn't take the networking stream (in retrospect possibly a mistake as the Multimedia stream taught me nothing I didn't already know) in the first year we did enough to cover the basics and in the third year Information Processing and Management (IPM2) covered network topology, as part of database design.

Julian