Re: [LUG] Debian and home hubs.

--- On Mon, 11/1/10, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [LUG] Debian and home hubs.
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, 11 January, 2010, 19:50
JOHN DAVEY wrote:
> Hi, I have Debian 'Lenny' on my Toshiba lappy which is equiped with a
> wireless....thingy. How do I connect wirelessly to my BT home hub? It
> doesn't seem to want to do it.....

Well Home Hub v2 supports Wifi: 802.11b / 802.11g / 802.11n (Supports
WEP, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK)

Now what kind of Toshiba laptop? Built-in or added wireless card?
...It's a Satelite Pro A100 with built in wireless capability...
What is the highest protocol in common?
...I'm not sure what you mean?...
Is the connection encrypted?
BT have given me a 'Wireless Network Name' and a 10 digit 'Wireless key'
What have you tried?
...Nothing complicated,I have tried to input the name and key of the connection into 'Network Tools'.
How does it fail?
...The connection gets added to my list of available wireless connections, I am told that I am connected to the wireless connection. But on opening a browser I can see that it ISN'T actually connected...

Recommended reading:
...I'll have a look at that now.
Thanks for getting back to me Simon!...
Cheers, Jon.