Re: [LUG] Snow

Keith Abraham wrote:
Rob Beard wrote:
Dave Foxcroft wrote:
Rob Beard wrote:
bas wrote:
On 01/06/2010 07:40 AM, Henry Bremridge wrote:
About 1" of snow here in Broadhempston, and I think that fell last night
at about 9-10pm.

The mind shudders: wet roads (from yesterday), snow and subzero
temperatures.

Ice skating anyone? (or more likely given the hills, luge anyone?)

yeah,,do i walk or drive to work (bit of fun to drive),,,,(newton abbot) still snowing @ 6am.!

It was still snowing at 7am this morning when I was walking to the bus stop, was very cold and wet. The kids are annoyed too as their school is open whereas another a bit further along (Queensway) is closed.

I think I'm going to stay in and hibernate today.

Rob

Close to 20cm of snow here in Launceston.... we are all staying home today and making... home made pasties...mmmmmmmm

Dave

Mmmmmm... pasties :-)

It's snowing again here in Torquay, more heavily now too. I think I'll go and hibernate now.

Rob

I'd second the desire for a pasty. I haven't had a decent pasty since I left the good old West Country (5 years ago). Merely the thought of a pasty make me want to get on the train and head south.
Try this - just been and got got a meat slicer so that I can cut up the 40lbs of bacon (streaky - just thin red bits in 2" of fat) that I've been stopping freezing for the last few days. OK its the complete opposite of a pasty in the sense that its food free calories but I have to try at least 6 different cooking methods to scientifically check what it takes to give you a heart attack after shovelling 2 tons of snow to get to my 'emergency' firewood. If you want some feel free to come over - but always remember that poor bloke in "The Shining" - no not the scriptwriter but I may be chopping logs...
Tom te tom te tom