Re: [LUG] Snow

John Hansen wrote:
On 06/01/2010 10:39, Dave Foxcroft wrote:
Rob Beard wrote:
bas wrote:
On 01/06/2010 07:40 AM, Henry Bremridge wrote:
About 1" of snow here in Broadhempston, and I think that fell last night
at about 9-10pm.

The mind shudders: wet roads (from yesterday), snow and subzero
temperatures.

Ice skating anyone? (or more likely given the hills, luge anyone?)

yeah,,do i walk or drive to work (bit of fun to drive),,,,(newton abbot) still snowing @ 6am.!

It was still snowing at 7am this morning when I was walking to the bus stop, was very cold and wet. The kids are annoyed too as their school is open whereas another a bit further along (Queensway) is closed.

I think I'm going to stay in and hibernate today.

Rob

Close to 20cm of snow here in Launceston.... we are all staying home today and making... home made pasties...mmmmmmmm

Dave

I am appalled that Cornwall Council are letting the North of the county grind to a stop due them not arranging for _all_ roads to be cleared. There must be many contractors and farmer with tractors etc who can undertake such work. Perhaps it is not too bad in Truro and further West. Here in North Cornwall schools, libraries and other public services are seriously affected. No post yesterday
and I doubt if any arrives today. A very poor show in my opinion.

John W
Just been to get some salt - it hasnt been delivered tho!!
I'd laugh but if that freezes on my leg.....
Tom te tom te tom