Re: [LUG] VBox - was Re: BBC 'multimedia' games

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 12:18:04 -0000, tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

They are CD's made by the BBC multimedia and run on Wx .
I'm trying to work out how to use VBox (VMware wont install - libc conflicts!!) Anyone got any ideas how to get it to run mu already installed setup - can it work like that?
Tom te tom te tom

I've only done it in vmware. it amounts to:
-in windows set up a second hardware profile (optionally name them sdomething useful like physical and virtual) -install the appropriate sata/pata chipset driver (in vmware it's part of vmware tools but can be downloaded separately) -tell the virtual machine program to use the harddrive (in vmware server 2 i had to use the scsi passthrough feature to point it to /dev/sg0 but i don't know if vbox is the same)
-boot up the vm and choose the virtual hardware profile.
-reactivate windows
-wait while it discovers the hardware
-install vmware tools equivalent
-reboot vm (and always remember to choose the virtual hardware profile)