Re: [LUG] accounts software for linux

kevin wrote:
On Mon, 2009-12-28 at 22:39 +0000, tom brough wrote:
Rob Beard wrote:
Eion MacDonald wrote:
Refer : > http://www.aaxnet.com/design/linuxacct.html

a 2005 review comment is probably still valid
"> It is not uncommon to find hard-core Linux users keeping a Windows
box
 just to run Quicken or QuickBooks. " Or Sage?
Yep, I'd have thought there would be a market there for a Linux
version, maybe a Windows version converted to Linux with the help of
Codeweavers so it could still be sold as a commercial product.  With
the help of Codeweavers, they could even make a MacOS X version too
from the same code base as the Windows version.

Rob

I use OpenBravo  POS as an electronic till it works fine but Open ERP is
as you say an overkill.
I must play with these things some time and see if it is possible to simple them up so that they can be used single user. One of the major problems I've encountered in computing is getting bigger. A PC and few programs is allright, then you grow a bit and things get tricky and you go Small Office and that's a BIG change and then you find you have to go ERP and its nigh on impossible to change - god knows how many companies are trapped in MS hell because they simply cannot get the data locked in documents into an ERP and function at the same time. Open ERP doesn't look too bad but - its not overkill for a single user/small office - it just needs a simple starting point!
Tom te tom te tom