Re: [LUG] accounts software for linux

On Mon, 2009-12-28 at 22:39 +0000, tom brough wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
> > Eion MacDonald wrote:
> >>
> >> Refer : > http://www.aaxnet.com/design/linuxacct.html
> >>
> >> a 2005 review comment is probably still valid
> >> "> It is not uncommon to find hard-core Linux users keeping a Windows
> >> box
> >>  just to run Quicken or QuickBooks. " Or Sage?
> >>
> > Yep, I'd have thought there would be a market there for a Linux
> > version, maybe a Windows version converted to Linux with the help of
> > Codeweavers so it could still be sold as a commercial product.  With
> > the help of Codeweavers, they could even make a MacOS X version too
> > from the same code base as the Windows version.
> >
> > Rob

I use OpenBravo  POS as an electronic till it works fine but Open ERP is
as you say an overkill.

The OpenBravo POS uses Mysql or a data file and Jasper reports so is
fairly versatile.

> There is SQL Ledger, and also Open ERP if your need enterprise level
> solutions, but probably not so suitable for the single user / small
> scale business.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved repressed(possibly!Definitely!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386