Re: [LUG] /opt

Neil Williams wrote:
On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 10:51:18 +0000 (GMT)
Peter Lloyd-Jones <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As you know I am a model railroad enthusiast.  Currently we tend to
let the user store the programme Java Model Railroad Interface in his
home directory.

I was wondering if in fact it should live in /opt.

NO. No, No, never, absolutely not, under no circumstances, no excuses,
must not, can not, do not.!!!

I'm going to create my own data file under /opt right now, just to see
if Neil's head explodes :)

James