Re: [LUG] broken packages

On Thu, 2009-12-24 at 10:29 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:

> I had exactly the same problem the other day, I thought it was just me.
> I forced the install and it borked a load of other things.
Mine refused.
>  In the end I
> just reinstalled Ubuntu 9.10 from scratch (I didn't have the patience to
> look into it).  I'm not sure exactly what the process is for reporting
> the bug, I'm guessing it's via Launchpad.
>
> I'll have a look and see if I can find out.  I do wonder if more than
> that one package are broken, some packages came up with errors about
> broken packages.  I even tried another mirror but that didn't help.
Thanks. I await your advice - I have held off upgrades until the next
LTS - I like the old kde! BTW this is the 64bit edition of U 8.04.3

Interesting that to print some OOo documents I have to boot from another
partition. Maybe I should just upgrade. Adept keeps asking me to do so.

James

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk