Re: [LUG] Open Source Alternatives: Flowcharting & Conversion

Terry Hill wrote:

> No worries, then I'm looking for something to convert pdf to png or
> any image format that OO will import.  Hmm I wonder if there's a front
> end for ImageMagik that does it....or even gimp perhaps (although gimp
> seems a bit o.t.t. for such a small job).

Inkscape can read, and edit PDF content, but only one page at a time.

If they just want charts then "pdftoimage" will extract raw image data,
don't know if it is available for Windows (probably).

> I think I'm going to make a CD image tailored for access
> students and then give a few away in the new year.

Lots of folk have been here before. I think most such projects
eventually die as folks realise it would be easier to use a GNU/Linux
distro, but the last I saw was Trinidad and Tobago computing society....