Re: [LUG] 21CN

On 21/12/2009 16:31, James Fidell wrote:

You miss my point.  I believe that those of us who have long connections
direct to to the exchange or to a cabinet close to the exchange will see
no benefit whatsoever from FTTC.

James

If you're on a long line direct to the exchange then it may be possible that BT could re-route lines to a cabinet and then provide FTTC.

And those who are on a cabinet near to an exchange still may get FTTC on short connections from the premises to the cabinet will offer something like 40MBit download speeds.

Maybe BT might also look at putting VDSL kit in exchanges for those short lines which are connected directly to the exchange.

Hang on though... this is BT we're talking about... it could take years.

Rob