Re: [LUG] Linux atom

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009, Rob Beard wrote:

On 21/12/2009 16:23, Paul Sutton wrote:

bas wrote:

   http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/NorhTec-Gecko-Surfboard/
ok not so hot on graphics....
Tom te tom te tom

wow, that's a cool piece of kit,,wonder when we will get them over here
(don't have time to read it all now).

Looks like things have gone full circle,  back in the late 70's early
80's we had very similar devices,  zx81, spectrum, c64 et al in that
they were fully integrated units (ok the PSU was separate),  but the
main bits where all there,

fast forward 30 years as we are back :)

Anyone know what the power consumption of the zx spectrum was :)

I believe the PSU supplies something like 1 amp at 9 volts, so um... this is a guess, maybe about 9 watts?

I think "hot enough to burn" if you weren't careful - on the external memory pack - or was that the ZX81... Hm..

The Geode boards I'm using take a single power source too 5V to 18V with on-board DC to DC convertors. (4 watts, 5 at the absolute maximum, but they've no graphics hardware)

Gordon