Re: [LUG] OT-Chips and how everything is more expensive these days - Optical Mice - Christmas St

How about mp3 is terrible, and Flac rocks!
Seriously, I can hear the difference. Very well.
My dad plays me music and says "What format is that?" and I say "Ooh can't be more than 128kbps mp3" and get it right. Ogg is OK, mainly if I have space concerns. but I much prefer FLAC of course!
spot on !!
but you will get the bods that say mp3's are just as good (rubbish, most of the info missing), mp3's to me just sound "in your face" and when you wind the volume up expose how bad they are (o.k. for small devices,, in ear phones etc i suppose). but, my reckoning is that if the source is high quality to start with, you can use it on any size (quality) system, not so if your collection is mp3 format.

bas.