Re: [LUG] Openoffice help

On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 11:58 +0000, Terry Hill wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I've got a slight annoyance with openoffice calc, and wondered if any
> of you could take a look at it and tell me where I'm going wrong.
>
> I need a graph which shows the effect of osmosis on potato cells for
> my biology course, and to that end have whacked the results into calc
> and got it to draw something for me which is ok but not exactly what
> I'm after.
>
> I've attached the file so you can take a look if you're interested.
> The problem lies in the X axis, which shows concentration of solutions
> used.  I cant get the scale right, as the gap between 0 and 0.1 is the
> same as for say 0.3 to 0.5, so it gives the chart a "kink".  Secondly,
> I'd prefer the Molarity listed along the bottom, but no amount of
> fiddling lets me.
>
> Lastly, I'd like to highlight the point where the % change is at 0,
> and draw a line down to show the molarity at this point (as this shows
> the innate water potential of the potato cells).
>
> If anyone can help I'd appreciate it, I'm getting balder by the
> minute.  Also I'd like to shut up one rather smug m$ office user who
> views me as a peasant for using OO.
You need to plot the graph as x-y, rather than line - this will
correctly space the x values. (You'll also need to select your x-values
as otherwise they will be spaced 1, 2, 3, 4 etc).

Moving the x axis to the bottom of the plot requires you to select the
x-axis, right click and go to object properties, then the positioning
tab. Select "start" from the "Axis Line - Crosses other axis at" drop
down.

I've attached your ods file with these changes made.

Phil