Re: [LUG] Openoffice help

Terry Hill wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I've got a slight annoyance with openoffice calc, and wondered if any
> of you could take a look at it and tell me where I'm going wrong.
>
> I need a graph which shows the effect of osmosis on potato cells for
> my biology course, and to that end have whacked the results into calc
> and got it to draw something for me which is ok but not exactly what
> I'm after.
>
> I've attached the file so you can take a look if you're interested.
> The problem lies in the X axis, which shows concentration of solutions
> used.  I cant get the scale right, as the gap between 0 and 0.1 is the
> same as for say 0.3 to 0.5, so it gives the chart a "kink".  Secondly,
> I'd prefer the Molarity listed along the bottom, but no amount of
> fiddling lets me.
>
> Lastly, I'd like to highlight the point where the % change is at 0,
> and draw a line down to show the molarity at this point (as this shows
> the innate water potential of the potato cells).
>
> If anyone can help I'd appreciate it, I'm getting balder by the
> minute.  Also I'd like to shut up one rather smug m$ office user who
> views me as a peasant for using OO.

Kink will exist in Excel. See attached. He should shut up.
Function of graphing programs. Setting major/minor axis at equal spacing
and you have 0.0, 0.1,0.3,0.5,0.7 thus inter space of 0.2 except for
first data.
Can you regroup as
0.0, 0.1, 0.2,0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8. on X axis and data table
this should give equal axis spacing on X axis.
To have a slip value unequal axis graph, need two interlinked graph
constructions.

Insert text box at bottom for duplicate X axis values. Or offset lables
by YY mm in properties.

Line at %age change 0.00 Make this a major axis (thick), others minor axis.

--
Regards
Eion MacDonald