Re: [LUG] cannot enter via keyboard

On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 21:08 +0000, g_remlin wrote:
> On 13/12/09 19:24, Neil Stone wrote:
> >

> Generally speaking (non-distro specific).....
> assuming you are referring to using the laptop keyboard with a GUI (X
> Window\Display Manager).
> This is most likely due to the keyboard Plug'n'Pray autodetection in
> Xorg getting it wrong : )
> Decide which distribution you would like to use, and then manually
> configure the keyboard device
> settings in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf configuration file (which you may
> have to create).
> Until you settle on installing a distro to your hard drive, little can
> be done to help.

sounds like chicken & egg

Install a Distro
edit the /etc/innittab file for boot init 1
id:1:initdefault:

or

when booting get it to "not load the X server" perhaps pressing "1" to
do an interactive boot or boot init 1 ( if the keyboard works at that
point)

edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf or use one copied from a Live Distro

reboot.

or

boot your new distro and telnet in, su to root and change the xorg file.

best of luck

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved repressed(possibly!Definitely!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386