Re: [LUG] cannot enter via keyboard

On 13/12/09 19:24, Neil Stone wrote:

Generally speaking (non-distro specific).....
assuming you are referring to using the laptop keyboard with a GUI (X Window\Display Manager). This is most likely due to the keyboard Plug'n'Pray autodetection in Xorg getting it wrong : ) Decide which distribution you would like to use, and then manually configure the keyboard device settings in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf configuration file (which you may have to create). Until you settle on installing a distro to your hard drive, little can be done to help.