Re: [LUG] Debian Version

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Simon Waters wrote:

Gordon Henderson wrote:

This is the official docs though - good idea to read at least once..

SNIP

I was under the impression this is the offical docs for upgrading to
Lenny for x86 Debian systems, it is certainly more complete.

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html

It may well be - I just googled and had a quick look...

The big issue for most people Etch to Lenny was kernel renumbering of
devices - which the official docs mention in passing.

Can't say I noticed that myself - maybe because I always compile my own kernel though...

Some discussion of backports here.

http://wiki.debian.org/Etch2LennyUpgrade

But if home is on another partition it is easy enough to reinstall if it
all goes pear-shapers, so just go for it!

Indeed! :)

Gordon