Re: [LUG] Debian Version

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:

Hi Gordon

Thanks for that. seems I should update from 4.

Will I have much of a problem, as home is on a seperate hard drive that should make it easier?

I haven't had any major problems upgrading my workstation from Sarge through Etch and now Lenny.

Perhaps not the official and/or best way, but

  edit /etc/apt/sources.list

and change etch into lenny

  apt-get update
  apt-get dist-upgrade

And stand well back ...

This is the official docs though - good idea to read at least once..

http://www.debianadmin.com/howto-upgrade-from-debian-etch-40-to-lenny-50.html

Gordon