[LUG] OT: Disabling Windows paging files (was: Hard Drives)

I'm 99% sure that you can disable the paging file entirely on Windows XP
Professional. I'm pretty sure this was true on Win 2000 and Win NT. I
can't vouch for Vista or Windows 7.

My notes for Windows XP say:

        Start Menu, right click My Computer, properties, advanced,
        performance settings, advanced, virtual memory change. For each
        disk select no paging file and Click SET. Then apply/ok

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 11:28 +0000, Max Siegieda wrote:
> Unfortunately windows seems to require a pagefile and thus if you dont
> tell it to use any partitions for it it will force the page file to be
> placed in your installation partition. You cannot remove it (afaik) so
> the best option is to put it somewhere fast.

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.