Re: [LUG] Share Portfolio Monitoring Programme

John Hansen wrote:
My old PC which runs Windows XP is nearing its final days.
Before I change over to Kubuntu I need to find a Linux programme
which will enable me to monitor various portfolios of Investment
Trusts. The programme I presently use is Updata's Fairshares
which enables me to monitor half a dozen portfolios. I am happy
to enter the closing prices manually on a daily basis. I have no
need to get prices entered online as I do not trade regularly.
Graphs of the share prices are not a requirement but are useful
at times. What is essential is that all trades and dividends are
accounted for so that such information is available come April.
BTW TaxCalc hope to release a Linux version in 2010.

If any of you know of a programme that meets these requirements
I would be most grateful to hear about it. Alternatively one
of you might care to programme an open source programme which
other may find useful.

BTW I am not an investor with huge sums but run ISAs for my
wife and I as well as a couple of accounts for a granddaughter
and a great grandson.

Helpful advice would be gratefully received ;-)

John W

I wrote the above 5 December and have had one very helpful response.
Does this mean that no one other than the two of us has a need for
monitoring share portfolios?
I have had no luck tracing such a programme which will run on my
Kubuntu 9.04 machine.

Can anyone think of where I might find a suitable programme? Even
a programme which might be modified somewhat.

John W