Re: [LUG] Share Portfolio Monitoring Programme

On Wednesday 09 December 2009, John Hansen wrote:
> John Hansen wrote:
> > My old PC which runs Windows XP is nearing its final days.
> > Before I change over to Kubuntu I need to find a Linux programme
> > which will enable me to monitor various portfolios of Investment
> > Trusts. The programme I presently use is Updata's Fairshares
> > which enables me to monitor half a dozen portfolios. I am happy
> > to enter the closing prices manually on a daily basis. I have no
> > need to get prices entered online as I do not trade regularly.
> > Graphs of the share prices are not a requirement but are useful
> > at times. What is essential is that all trades and dividends are
> > accounted for so that such information is available come April.
> > BTW TaxCalc hope to release a Linux version in 2010.
> >
> > If any of you know of a programme that meets these requirements
> > I would be most grateful to hear about it. Alternatively one
> > of you might care to programme an open source programme which
> > other may find useful.
> >
> > BTW I am not an investor with huge sums but run ISAs for my
> > wife and I as well as a couple of accounts for a granddaughter
> > and a great grandson.
> >
> > Helpful advice would be gratefully received ;-)
> >
> > John W
>
> I wrote the above 5 December and have had one very helpful response.
> Does this mean that no one other than the two of us has a need for
> monitoring share portfolios?
> I have had no luck tracing such a programme which will run on my
> Kubuntu 9.04 machine.
>
> Can anyone think of where I might find a suitable programme? Even
> a programme which might be modified somewhat.
>
> John W

I use Interactive Investor to monitor my small portfolio http://www.iii.co.uk
but I don't trade very often and haven't needed to rely on it for annual
tracking.  However, I haven't looked for this service so they may do it.  If
not, there are lots of other on-line traders that may.

George