Re: [LUG] OT: Mobile phone recommendations

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009, Simon Waters wrote:

Oops - dropped my very cheap mobile phone from Orange - guess it is a
good job it was very cheap.

So recommendations of getting one that will sync nicely with Linux welcomed.

I've never ever 'synced' a phone with anything. ... What am I missing? My phone *is* my calendar & diary - I don't seem to have a use for a desktop equivalent. Importing a list of email contacts might be nice, but actually I rarely use the phone like that, preferring to use putty to a server and run pine...

Maybe it's just me though...

My next phone will be a Nokia N900. I'd have one on order now if I'd not bought something else last month (dive computer)... They're £500 sim-free though which I suspect doesn't tick any boxes for you. I did see that Vodaphone are offering them "free" on a £35 contract though - I currently have a sim-only deal from O2 for about £17 a month - gives me about 150 minutes/texts and "unlimited" data...

Gordon