Re: [LUG] Download meter for demon internet.

John Williams wrote:
I was thinking of sharing a script I wrote to log download stats for
demon internet's pesky quota (assuming its ok by list rules).  They
don't use anything sane like a calendar month limit, instead its a
rolling 30 day limit. It would of course still be useful to anyone else
on a different ISP's if you just want to play.

I couldn't find anything to track a rolling 30 quota so cobbled together
my own solution which has proved reliable.

Since upgrading to a package without limit I don't need it to stop
overrunning my quota but I do still find it useful to monitor how much
of the net I managed to archive :]

Its written in bash, easily and clearly readable to confirm there is no
nastiness in the code, heck half of you guys can probably tidy my code
up for me as I am a bit of a noob!

Could be useful for those folks who use Three mobile broadband as that too is on a 30 day limit.

Rob